Visayas, is also popular for the world’s best destinations and attracts local and foreign tourists. Some of the places are really beautiful however; they are not very popular yet. The Philippines is a tropical country and it’s advisable to schedule your trip during the summer which is from March to May so you can enjoy the beaches and your visit to islands.
1) Boracay (Aklan) – Boracay is one of the world’s best islands and very beautiful place to visit. It is almost 7 km long and 1 km wide, situated in the Western Visayas around 315 kilometres south of Manila. Believe me; Boracay was awarded as the 2012 Best Island in the World by the international travel magazine Travel + Leisure, so you can image how beautiful is the place. It is popular for white sand, blue waters, fun water activities, and amazing nightlife. This place will never let you down.
2) Chocolate Hills (Bohol) – Chocolate Hills is composed of almost 1200 symmetrical hills which are conical-shaped. In rainy season they all become green however, in summer, the plants dies off and turns to a chocolaty brown hue and for this reason the name the name was derived. Some of the tourists also compare them with Hershey’s Kisses. If you will climb any hill for photographs then you will come to know how beautiful the view from top is.
3) Kawasan Falls – Kawasan Falls is a 3-stage cascade of blue clear water from the mountain springs of Mantalongon mountain range. There are some wooden rafts prepared in the basin of waterfall where you can just sit down and see how beautiful the place is or can enter the blue clear water. It is one of the top Cebu tourist spots. From Cebu South Bus Terminal, take a bus going to Badian. It might take two hours to reach depending on the traffic. You can inform the bus conductor that you’re moving to Kawasan so they can drop you at the national highway. From the highway, it’s 15 minutes of walk to the Kawasan Falls.
4) Hinagdanan Cave (Bohol) – This place one of the most beautiful Bohol tourist attractions. The cave is lit by sunlight which enters through holes in the ceiling. When you enter the cave you feel you have entered some another world. Hinagdanan Cave is made of limestone and is almost 100 meters long, with beautiful stalagmite and stalactite rock formations. Due to the still and clear water you can see clearly inside the water. Some people do swim here in this place but it’s not advisable. It is said that the place was discovered accidentally by a farmer who built a ladder to access the cave. The light enters through holes in the ceiling and from cave entrance, filling the whole area with a soothing and otherworldly glow.
5) Loboc River (Bohol) – When you hear about the tour and Loboc River Buffet Cruise you will say what is so special. This river flows through tall green trees and you will have a feel of jade-green river travel and a very peaceful experience. Generally, Tour guides bring their visitors here for lunch while exploring the Loboc River. In the middle of the tour, your boat will stop by at a place where the natives play musical instruments and perform traditional dances. Entire surrounding is green and really calms you mind.
6) Sirao Flower Garden (Cebu) – We don’t know the strange connection between human being and flowers however, everyone generally like flowers and if you visit Sirao Flower Garden you will say it’s just like a visit to little Amsterdam. Sirao Flower Garden is full of colorful flowers and you can find various kinds of flowers in the farm like Celosia. The location is also in middle of mountains and flowers are worth to see due to which it attracts huge number of tourists and is very popular. This place is where tourist takes maximum number of photographs and especially selfie with the flowers. It is one of the major tourist attractions in Visayas.
7) Cambugahay Falls (Siquijor) – This waterfall is located in the town of Lazi in Siquijor, Cambugahay however, not very popular due to the old beliefs like it’s full of mystic traditions however, we don’t have such proofs. Actually it’s a good place to discover exclusively with the beautiful Siquijor waterfalls. Tourists like it because of its turquoise clear and warm water originating from natural springs. When you will see the fall it will definitely invite you to take a dive. It’s a nice place but underrated.
8) Malapascua Island (Cebu) – Malapascua Island is a perfect solution for both divers and non-divers. It’s very popular in divers because it’s full of unspoiled white sand, beautiful coral reef, and rich marine life. The island’s name means “Bad Easter” however; rather I would say it’s completely contradictory from the meaning. This island recently came in limelight and gained the title of being one of the Philippines’ best diving spots. This island is commercially less developed however, the calming beaches actually makes the island more fascinating.
9) Oslob (Cebu) – Oslob is a small seaside town which is popular for being one of the best spots to swim with whale sharks yes with whale sharks. These whale sharks grow up to 15 meters in length; have flat heads, long tails and wide mouths. Don’t worry about their temper; they are very gentle. You can enjoy swimming with these beautiful giants in Oslob – just a few hours south of Cebu City. The tours begin at sunrise because water is clear at that time so it’s preferred to dive in morning. You will see tourists across the world anxiously waiting to see these fish and enjoy their company.
10) Tarsier Sanctuary in Bohol – Philippine Tarsier lives on the southeastern part of the archipelago. These tiny cute creatures measure around 80 mm to 150 mm in height which makes them one of the smallest primates in the world. Their eyes are quite big and they are really cute. They are carnivorous and eat lizards and insects. Most interesting fact is that they can turn their heads 360 degrees. Inside the Sanctuary they are the major attraction.
Apart from above 10 spots there are several places from Visayas like Bantayan Island (Cebu), Panglao Island (Bohol), Kalanggaman Island (Leyte), Lakawon Island (Bacolod), Gigantes Island (Iloilo), The Ruins of Bacolod, Salagdoong Beach (Siquijor), Biri Island (Samar) which are quite popular and need to be considered in your list. You can check more information about these places on Google and think about your plan.
Best dishes to try in Philippines: Philippines is also popular for sea food, chicken Adobo and Cebu for Lechon. Lechon is an entire roasted pig usually prepared on special occasions. It’s quite expensive; if you see lechon then definitely it must be special occasion for the family or for the host. Humba is another delicacy from Visayas. It is a standard cooked pork dish which means to tender pork. Last but not least, Chicken Adobo which is all-time favorite dish of Filipinos. They cook chicken with tangy, vinegary garlic sauce and it is served with rice. You can definitely try these local delicacies in restaurants too.